Types of hosting services
A hosting solution refers to stockpiling and/or sharing particular web content on a server handled by a website hosting provider. There are different types of hosting services used for various purposes, so let's have a glimpse at these. In that way, you can decide what you need, depending on whether you wish to set up a site, email addresses, or to share files with mates and associates.
- File hosting: a service made available by various firms, which allows you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only goal is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file storage solutions often include adverts beside the download links, while a timer forces you to await a specific stretch of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you purchase a paid file hosting plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limit when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the help of the cPanel hosting wholesalers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely improper explanation of the real meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would split the load between individual packs of web servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving different site hosting services (electronic mail, web space, stats, DNS, databases, web space hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is just a sort of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; some firms offer a hosting service for pictures only. This hosting kind is appropriate if you wish to share a huge amount of images with friends or acquaintances since the solution is generally free. You will obtain a random link for each picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for sites.
- Email hosting: a solution committed to taking care of your email aliases. Some vendors provide webspace hosting solutions for web sites, but do not offer an email solution. If you want to run a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to own a site, then the email hosting solution is what you require. You can set up mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to some video, or you can embed the video clip in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video clip creates a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of video files and several hundred site viewers, you may have difficulty with your web site hosting supplies. Embedding the video will allow you to administer as many video files as you want without worrying about system resources.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you need if you desire to keep a web site. To some degree, it embodies all of the aforesaid hosting brands since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can set up databases and emails, upload video files, and so on. At Exclusive Hosting, for instance, you can view web hosting and dedicated hosting solutions that allow you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in a single place. There may be restrictions based on the type of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the common email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are tailored for specific web content exclusively.